Before You There Was

Before you there was rain,
Hurricanes,
Wind that blew apart,
The foundations of my heart,
There was dust that flew,
Flew as particles against my skin,
Flew scraping against my body,
But nothing seemed to matter,
As I stood in a broken down shelter,
The shelter that was around my heart,
The thunder had shaken the core,
Broken apart every reserve in my heart,
Than the clouds cleared away,
Breaking apart the storms,
Driving away the debris that built around,
Built around every corner of me,
Bringing in sunshine through the cracks,
And then breaking down each wall,
I stood there in the sunshine,
Feeling the warmth against my skin,
Feeling the warmth like never before,
Because before I met you my darling,
There was rain,
Hurricanes,
Foundations that crumbled all around me,
Everything that broke at its seams,
And I was lost,
Looking to find my muse again,
To find a connection strong and true,
And then you swept me away,
Healed every single broken piece,
And mending all that I thought was lost,
And now I am stronger than before,
As I stand in the sun,
With the warmth surrounding all around,
No more signs of rain,
Or hurricanes,
Or wind to sweep me away,
Just love and adoration,
From the man that has brought me home,
Into his safe loving arms.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

There Are Those Moments

Take My Hand

Journal Challenge Day 12