I Never Told You (Jeremiah)

A newer poem due to the poetry challenge at Paul's group once again :)

I never told you how your eyes shined
Every time you smiled,
I never told you the way you made
Me smile and feel cared for
Every time you stood up for me,
I never spoke to you about
The crush I developed after
Not seeing you for five years,
I never got to tell you how afraid
I was when they thought
That you did something very wrong,
I never told you I wanted a chance
To be more than your friend,
I was more shy and quiet
And couldn’t get over my fears
To talk to you and pour out
The deepest part of my soul.
I never got to tell you how much
It meant to me when you
Signed my yearbook the last year
We went to school together.
I never got to tell you how much
Your friendship and smiles
And laughter you brought
Were part of the best memories
Of my younger days.
I never told you Jeremiah all these things
But I hope you know deep in your soul
That I always cared for you
And that you were always one
Of my best guy friends.

Dedicated to Jeremiah Jenkins

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Build Upon That Emotion

I'm Your Girl

There Are Those Moments