I Never Told You (Matt)

I never told you that you’re wavy
Brown hair touched
And defined right above
The blue eyes that I could
Lose myself in for hours,
Or how from the first moment
We spoke I knew in my heart
And the deepest corners of my mind
That my life would be forever changed,
I never told you that there
Were numerous times
That I wanted to stop
Everything for a few moments
To capture time spent with you,
Or how I enjoyed
The attention and even the jealousness
If others showed interest
When we were young,
I never told you how your voice
Could sometimes cause me speechless
Or make me nervous
Yet soothed my inner being
Whenever I needed peace
Or extra love,
I never told you
That although I haven’t
Seen your deep eyes
Or the wavy hair
Or hear that voice
That caused me to fall for someone
For the very first time
For a love so simple yet true,
I never told you thank you
For showing what love is
And installing faith in it forever more.

Dedicated to Matthew Pomazal

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Build Upon That Emotion

I'm Your Girl

There Are Those Moments