How Do You Mend A Broken Heart?

Is there a way to start explaining to yourself those things
As you once knew it were completely gone?
Is there a way to change your heart from loving someone
To pretending that they no longer exist in your world?
How do you tell your heart to stop loving someone
That you have loved for so many years of your life?
How do you stop your heart from breaking
And having you cry the tears that are hidden
Deep inside of your heart?
How do you pretend that someone that affected your life
For so long is no longer a part of your life?
How do you take back eight years of your life
And the memories that hunts your mind?
How do you remove the dreams
Of times long pass so that they do not hurt you
The way you know they would if they surface
In your mind?
How do you constantly remind yourself
That life as you once knew it is gone
And that there is no going back?
How do you answer all the questions in your mind
When you do not even know where to start
To even explain to yourself why things changed
The way that they did?
Life and friendships always change,
But no one could have told me that you would disappear
And leave as if I had never existed to begin with,
And life will never be the same,
Because no matter what I try
Or what happens,
I will always love you
Even when you broke my heart
Because I will never forget when
Once upon a time you brought smiles
To my face and laughter
And not the tears that are there now.

Dedicated to Adam Sievers

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Take My Hand

There Are Those Moments

Journal Challenge Day 12