To The Man That Was My Father

To the man that was my father,
You were a wonderful man that took me in
Although I was not really your own and made me your own
Even though all that would have been was bonds from marrying
Who you considered your son,
You supported me although you didn’t always agree,
You loved me where my own birth father did not,
You cared for me where my own father did not,
You told me you loved me which were words
My birth father would never say,
You gave me hope that maybe not all men
That became fathers were not the assholes
That it seemed to run in my life very often,
You touched my life and many others
Before you were called away from this world,
You had the gift of making people laugh,
And to make people think.
To the man that was my father,
You gave so much to this world
And probably could have given so much more
If your life wasn’t cut short by a disease
That you never asked for and got from your younger days,
You gave faith back to our mom
And back to so many of us in so many ways,
You gave us love that set us all free
For the rest of our days,
You gave us caring and showed
That there was still much good in this world,
But most of all you gave us all of you
And we will hold that in our hearts
Even with your passing.
We love you daddy and we miss you,
Because you gave your son and me
Something we never had before
And that was someone to believe in
As a father
And that was the gift that will
Last forever more.

Dedicated to Donald Young

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Build Upon That Emotion

I'm Your Girl

Days Slowly Go By