Ten Years

Written and dedicated to my friend that committed suicide 10 years ago today.

Ten years has now gone and passed,
Yet this memory still lasts,
Ten years ago you were taken from me,
Ten years ago you were taken from your family,
Ten years ago you were taken from your friends,
Ten years seems like yesterday,
I still remember the call,
I still remember telling my best friend,
I still remember crying and not understanding,
I still wondered why,
I still wanted to talk to you just one more time,
I still wanted you to know those things,
That might have never been said,
Ten years has now come and gone,
Yet the memory still lives on,
Yet the picture of your face
Stays in my mind,
Yet the wanting you still here,
Is in my heart and soul,
Yet the wanting things different
Is always just a heart beat away,
Ten years has now come and gone,
But you have always lived on,
And although it might have been ten years,
It feels like yesterday today,
We still love and care,
We still remember,
We still hold you dear,
We will never forget,
Especially today on the anniversary of your death,
We will always keep you in our hearts,
In our minds,
And in our souls,
Ten years has come and gone,
But you will always go on,
You will always be,
In the minds and souls of those that cared,
And it always will,
Ten years has come and gone,
But you my friend will always live on.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Build Upon That Emotion

I'm Your Girl

There Are Those Moments