If Given A Choice

If I was given a choice,
I would never let you go,
I would have held onto you,
I would have done anything in the world,
I would tell you all you needed to hear,
I would show you the stars,
I would give you the meaning of love,
But life has a funny thing at times,
Sometimes what you want to be doesn’t happen,
Sometimes you are left wondering why,
Probably wishing for another day,
Wishing that things could have changed,
However life isn’t always what we want,
Sometimes we must go different ways,
Sometimes we are shown things that become
Even better than we could have imaged,
Did I love you?
I loved you more than you could ever know,
I loved you so deep and true,
I never really wanted to let you go,
But sometimes life happens,
Sometimes the dreams you thought of,
Are not dreams that are meant to be,
But you go on,
You find other dreams,
You find other meanings in your soul,
You find the one that is yours,
You find the one that means the world to you,
If I was given a choice,
I would have never let you go,
I would have held onto you forever,
I would have shown you all you needed,
Given you all you wanted,
But I know you are not mine to keep,
There is someone out there,
Who will love you,
Love you deep and true,
And when you find that person,
Remember though that once upon a time,
I would have done anything for you,
How I still would do anything for you,
How I wish for your happiness,
And that you will always mean the world to me,
And that you will always have a place,
A place in this heart,
In this soul,
In my dreams,
In my life forever more.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

There Are Those Moments

Take My Hand

Journal Challenge Day 12