Never To Be With Me

I want to see you
But I know I can’t,
I want to hold you
But you are so far gone,
I want to love you
But you disappeared so long ago,
I want to be yours
But could you even remember me?
I want to be the one
But you are just a dark
Sweet memory,
A memory that taunts,
A memory that hides,
A memory once long forgotten,
Comes forth again,
What can I say?
What can I do?
What can I tell the voices,
The voices in my head,
The ones that still wonder,
The ones that cannot let go,
The ones that still want you,
The ones that knew,
Knew from the first moment,
That you were the one,
The one to break all the chains,
The one that broke all the binds,
The one that loved me truly,
Knew we were meant to be,
But the dream didn’t last,
The dream disappeared,
I would have been yours forever,
I would have been fully faithful,
I would have loved you always,
I was ready to be yours from,
From the beginning,
From the first moment,
But before forever could start,
You were gone,
Gone,
Gone as quick as you came,
Leaving no trace,
Leaving me broken hearted,
Leaving me wondering,
Leaving me wishing,
Leaving me wanting you,
Leaving me to never be the same,
I wanted to scream,
I wanted to cry forever,
I wanted to wonder why always,
I wanted to never give up,
But as time went,
It became harder to hope,
It became harder to believe,
It became harder to think you would be back,
You were gone,
And I was here,
I was here trying to mend my heart,
Trying to mend the dreams,
Trying to mend myself,
But how do you tell your heart,
That forever was gone?
That a lifetime of dreams was no longer reality?
That there was nothing that I could do?
How do you tell your soul,
To stop bleeding?
How do you tell your mind,
Everything it doesn’t want to hear?
I want to see you,
But I know that I cannot,
I want to hold you,
But I know you are gone,
You are gone forever,
Even though my heart doesn’t want to admit,
Doesn’t want to admit fully,
That you have disappeared,
And although it has been many years,
It hasn’t forgotten,
Even though I never talk about it,
It still carries,
Carries a torch for you,
Although you will never be here,
Never be with me.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Build Upon That Emotion

I'm Your Girl

Days Slowly Go By