The One For Me

You my love inspire the depths of my love,
You bring forth something special into my heart,
Irresistible am I to your charms,
I crave to be with you again,
I long to hold you in my arms,
To be the victor of your love,
To never let you go,
I have learned my lesson,
I have gone through so much since you,
I have had to deal with my heart being broken,
I have had to sleep alone,
I had to dream without you near,
I had to wish for you,
I had to try to tell myself it would be okay,
But I knew deep in the very depths of my soul,
That a part of me lived on in your heart,
That a part of me lived in your arms,
That a part of me wanted you back home,
That you love kept on inspiring me,
Kept on helping me reach for the stars,
You were the one that always knew,
You always were the ones that held me dear,
All this time I thought you gave up,
But I know now,
That nothing was farther from the truth,
You still held me close to your heart,
You still held me close to your mind,
You still held me close,
You wanted me to know,
You wanted me to see,
But I wouldn’t listen,
I wouldn’t let the quiet surround me,
I wouldn’t shut out the other voices,
I forgot to listen to you,
But that has changed,
No longer will I be afraid,
No longer will I forget,
No longer can I deny,
I cannot deny these emotions,
I cannot deny what I feel,
I cannot deny no matter what I do,
I might have pretended,
I might have made you feel I was okay without you,
But nothing could be further from the truth,
Don’t you see all you had to do,
All you had to do was fight for me,
All you had to do was show me,
All you had to do was make me listen,
All you had to do was remind me,
That you loved me,
That you were the one,
The one for me.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Build Upon That Emotion

I'm Your Girl

There Are Those Moments