Dreams And Illusions

Dreams are illusions,
Illusions are dreams,
Sometimes what we wish,
Sometimes what we dream,
Sometimes what we hope
Seem to get us through
Those times of true pain,
And when the hurt seems to surface,
And tears want to come,
And it takes every ounce,
And it takes every breathe,
And it takes every moment
To not fall apart,
And I want to feel
A love like I thought I had,
And I want to see
The true beauty of my dreams,
And I don’t want to go through it,
Through it alone,
The sadness that comes not due to him,
But the dream that was shattered,
And torn apart,
The hope that seemed to fade,
And the wondering if I would truly find
What I have been searching for,
Dreams are illusions,
Illusions are dreams,
Four years ago I stood there,
Believing I had found what I was searching for,
But it was just a dream,
It was just a cruel illusion,
Because now four years later I stand here,
Alone without him near,
And he is far away,
And he has been gone from my life,
And the pain is great,
Although I try to not care as much,
Although I try to not love him as much,
Although I try to just keep on going,
There are times like today where it is hard,
Where it is hard to not care,
Where it is hard to not still love,
When it is hard to want to keep going,
Because I miss what I had,
Maybe not what I had it with,
But I miss the feeling of feeling in love,
And feeling like I had something special,
And feeling like I had something great,
But that was swept away the day he became too jealous,
And the day he seem to change his tune,
And the day he became something I didn’t recognize anymore,
And the day I knew my dreams had shattered,
Dreams are illusions,
Illusions are dreams,
So it seems in my life at the moment,
But perhaps someday I will walk in the sun,
And perhaps someday I will feel no more pain,
And perhaps someday the anniversary won’t hurt,
And perhaps someday I will find bliss,
Of a life meant for me,
Of a life filled with better dreams,
Of a life filled with hope,
That won’t be shattered to the waste side like before,
And than I will be able to handle the day well,
And than I will be able to handle the pain,
And than I will be able to not think of the sorrow,
The day that dreams became illusions,
And illusions were just dreams.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Build Upon That Emotion

I'm Your Girl

There Are Those Moments