I've Walked Down Many Paths

I’ve walked down many paths,
In this thing called life,
Going through many changes,
Dealing with much strife,
Many mistakes have been made,
A few regrets have been,
But I don’t regret the various people
That have come through my life,
Some were life lessons that had to be taught,
Some are people, who are my dearest friends,
Some were heartaches that shaped who I am,
I’ve walked down many paths,
Gone down many roads,
Learned about different kinds of people
Along the way,
Found great friends through various means,
And a life full of happiness as well,
I grew to love
And truly call home
The place I was born,
I’ve walked down many paths,
Sometimes not always understanding,
Sometimes not always knowing why,
But through the hardships,
Through the pain,
Through the tears,
Through the rain,
I’ve also found happiness,
I’ve also found kindness,
I’ve also found hope
I’ve also found joy,
And I know even at the end
Of each and every day,
I’m grateful through it all,
The good and the bad,
And although I’ve walked down many paths,
And although I might have to walk many more,
I know through the journey,
I will never regret the roads,
I’ve traveled on,
Because these paths,
These roads,
Have made me, who I am,
And I am strong,
And I have been weak,
And I have shed tears of happiness,
And tears of pain,
And I know I have found
The true heart of me,
Through these journeys,
And that is all that made the difference,
In this life.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Build Upon That Emotion

I'm Your Girl

There Are Those Moments