Life As An Asthmatic Part 1

There have been many titles and definitions that matched to who I am or was at any specific time. I think even as kids we go through these changes. Of course as a child though we don't think of the possible other things that might come such as diseases we might have to live with for the rest of our lives. Some are more well known than others. Some are even more life threatening.

All seem to have stereotypes of who is affected by it. This is such a story about the real life challenges of one with asthma. This will be a very public from a somewhat private life. It is time for the world to understand more and realize what asthma is. How it effects one person's life. The sometimes daily struggle that seems to happen when one has asthma especially when one doesn't have health insurance and currently not much income as well.

Currently I am looking for a job anything really something without sales if possible and something with benefits. I have a check list of things I want to accomplish in my life. There are days that yes asthma has controlled my life and there are days that I fight against it all to try to accomplish things in my life. I have found though through it all to truly appreciate the small things in my life. For almost 3 years I have now gone without full health insurance dealing with going to urgent care when asthma gets bad and just paying for it in installments because I would not be able to pay it otherwise.

I was first diagnosed with asthma when I was 18 years old starting off with what happened with my mom when she got asthma and that was having bronchitis which turned into asthma. I have what is called bronchi asthma. I have been on albuterol from the very beginning of having asthma although as for a preventative I have tried many different ones and hoping to get back on advair again once I am able to at least get a more full time job with better pay. I currently do work at home and have for the past two years having quit the last job due to my asthma.

Asthma has definately affected my work life. Where most people my age might have at least 5 years of experience if they went to college like I did and waited more toward that to work to ten years. I have a lot less due to having to quit jobs due to my asthma getting to the point that I would be missing too much work. Yet, my asthma according to the disability people is not severe enough to be put on disability. With having things changing at my at home job and really needing health insurance I have now been trying to find a full time job so I could also better support myself as well.

Trying to think of positive things and being able to accomplish goals in my life is sometimes the main thing that keeps me going. Another wonderful thing I have in my life is a good support system of people who really care about me as well as my yahoo groups. Both these things keep me going through the hardest asthma days. There are moments though that I do have moments I feel depressed because of my asthma. There are days that I feel that things are just going to be crappy but most of the time things find a way to look up. Through these posts I hope to talk more about my asthma, about living a life with asthma, getting through the good and bad times, talk more about how I handle it, what I have gained and lost in life, and the most important lessons I have learned about life as well.

My name is Mandy and yes I do have asthma. This is story like no other. A story about a real person and a real health issue that many people do know or understand very often. Welcome to a part of my life the ups and the downs. The good and the bad. But it is my life, the life of an asthmatic who refuses to let her asthma rule her life to a certain point but also wants more people aware how asthma can affect people and bring into light something that can become very serious.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Build Upon That Emotion

I'm Your Girl

There Are Those Moments