The Last Time

The last moment,
The last day,
The time I cried those tears,
The last time I thought about you,
The last dream I had,
It seems so long ago now,
It seems so far away,
I barely even think about it,
I barely even reflect on it,
When I even talk about it,
I don’t talk with the sadness I once did,
I don’t talk with the anger I had,
The emotions aren’t raw like they were before,
It doesn’t hurt to think,
It doesn’t hurt to remember,
Because my life has fully changed,
My life has turned around so much,
I have found a new life,
I have found true love,
I have found a reason again,
I have found God,
That last moment,
That last day,
That last time those tears came,
The last time I really thought about you,
Is all a distant memory,
It is like another reality,
It is like another place and time,
I have found a way to forgiveness,
For all that went on in our life together,
I have given it all to God,
Asked him to forgive me for my part,
And let him help me forgive what happened,
Knowing that neither one of us are perfect,
That I am not perfect still,
But I know without a doubt,
That the last time,
The last moment,
Has been awhile now,
Because I do not really think,
Because it is the past now,
And my life is better than it was,
My life is much brighter,
And I have the love of my Troy,
And that is why I know,
That this is the last time,
I even write words about you.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Build Upon That Emotion

I'm Your Girl

There Are Those Moments