Life As An Asthmatic Part 7

Oh, how life seems to keep on making things interesting. It's interesting how just a few months your life feels that it has turned a lot of various roads in such a short period of time. Since the last time I had written about my life as an asthmatic so much has gone on my dear readers and I apologize for not have written something in so long. I have been doing writing but mostly poetry as I was able to.

I had a part time job for about a month until the other job I had for over three months started. The part time job did cause a few problems for my asthma not usually severe enough to go to Urgent Care but bad enough to not be able to go to work. I should have remembered that this place I had the job at was bad for my asthma but I thought well maybe if it is a different job that wasn't stressful I wouldn't have the same problems. Sadly I was wrong, it wasn't the job per say it was the environment. I feel I do have some sort of occupational asthma but what exactly causes it, is still a mystery to even me.

Than I started a job that could have lead to full time work but it seemed my asthma had other ideas. During the little over three months at that position I ended up going to urgent care four times, and even with having doctor's notes for most of the days I ended up missing, they let me go due to my attendance. It seemed once again I was at a drawing board with still no answers on what was going on with my asthma. Not having health insurance was making things very difficult.

Than I got a message on facebook that looked like just perhaps I would finally find answers to what was going on with my asthma. I had the ability to possibly be in an asthma related study and get some allergy testing don which would give me answers. Once I was able to make the appointment they had me do a breathing test. Leave it to me to be an anomaly. When it comes to breathing tests the normal thing that is suppose to happen is that after taking your emergency inhaler your oxygen levels are suppose to go up. My oxygen levels before doing the test was actually pretty good as it was about 80 percent. Most asthmatics on a good asthma day the oxygen level is going to be 80 percent maybe better. In English the higher your oxygen level the better, as the lower amounts means you are not getting enough oxygen going through your lungs.

Well after doing the emergency inhaler my oxygen level went down instead of up. Ah, the life of an anomaly. Since it went down the person who did the test was confused same with the other person that was around. The actual physician was out of town on business so they had me fill out some releases to get my medical information so that they could share that with the doctor once he got back. I am still waiting for that call although I will try to call them on Monday to see if there has been any updates on that matter.

With waiting for results on what they might be able to do and at least be able to do the allergy testing as the testing cannot be done until the doctor returns I have been job searching again. Job searching is a frustrating process no matter who you are especially in these times of high unemployment and many people applying for the same position. Even if you are lucky to get a job interview doesn't mean that your chances improve too much. There is also a lot more temporary work available than full time work.

I have had one job interview and got contacted to do some job stuff on Tuesday with Sepherion which I signed up with last year. I also got contacted for some possible jobs through Express but have been playing phone tag with them. I have also gotten two Avon recruits for my Avon business. Between job stuff, writing, Avon, and waiting for unemployment to straighten themselves out I have been dealing. I have actually gotten lucky it seems with the asthma as I have only had one really bad attack since I got over the last bit of sickness or whatever it seemed I had when I was doing a temporary job that was a swing shift.

Through the last visit I did have at the Rite Aid I got the pocket version of Asthma For Dummies and Allergies for Dummies. I also bought the regular addition of Asthma For Dummies. I have read a bit of the pocket version of the Asthma For Dummies and do hope to use that in future blog posts. In the meantime, I am keeping my focus. Keeping my faith in God, my great support system of Troy, my friends, and my mom, and my writing. I am hoping soon I will get some answers and more than the fact that it seems that my asthma is an anomaly. Ah, the life of an anomaly asthmatic.

Thankfully I can always find a way to stay strong and keep smiling. So, until next time my great friends and readers remember that through everything there is a way to stay strong and keep faith in God. So, although an anomaly I am going to keep loving my Troy, keep smiling, keep going, and keep writing. God Bless until next time.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Build Upon That Emotion

I'm Your Girl

There Are Those Moments