Day 23 Something That Makes You Feel Better

When I am having a rough day one of the many things that makes me feel better is talking to Troy even though he is quieter than my best friend who I’ve known for thirteen years just being able to talk to him brings a smile to my face. He is someone of a few words but can sometimes say the most amazing things when one is not paying attention. Troy brings a lot of smiles, joy, laughter, and all the wonderful things sometimes just sitting with him even without words is the best moment I could have during that week when everything else seems insane.

Adam is another person that can make me feel better. He is my vent person he can sit and listen to anything I have going on and will talk through everything from various angles. He’s as talkative as I am and although both of us has grown and changed over the years we always find a way through pretty much everything. We don’t agree to everything but that has never stopped our friendship.

Writing is another release for me. Even though I use writing when I am happy as well since I do write a lot of romantic poetry I have used it for those hard times in my life to heal. It is something I feel I have been given as a gift as well as something that is joyful in my life. Although I have always written things for myself it is always a wonderful feeling when others are touched by the words as well.

Knowing Jesus Christ and God. Many years ago if you told me that I would have this belief and I would not only enjoy church but find meaning again spiritually as I have I would have laughed in your face. I, at one time, got so frustrated with church, how people pushed, and everything else I felt I just did the literal hands in the air, and said okay that’s it I am done, and went down to another path for awhile and became lost in many ways. Although I didn’t know I was lost for a long time until I met Troy. Both bring such peace, meaning, wonder, love, and so much more emotions that were once gone.

Music is another medium that can make me feel better. Sometimes just listening to different songs can make things seem brighter or happier than it was a moment ago. If I listen to one of my favorite songs it can help me remember those other things in my life. There are many other things that can make things feel better but these main things keep peace, beauty, happiness, and joy into my life everyday.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Build Upon That Emotion

I'm Your Girl

There Are Those Moments