I Never Felt Lonely

I never felt lonely,
Even as an only child,
When I was young,
My best friend’s brother,
Was like a brother to me too,
I never thought or cared,
Things just seemed easier that way,
I was spoiled a little,
But also not,
Had to go without,
Sometimes would have to go
Few months before getting things,
K-Mart was my mom’s best friend,
But I never really felt lonely,
There weren’t times I couldn’t find,
Something to do even when I was alone,
Although I didn’t have an older sibling
To watch over me,
Or a younger one to help mold,
I learned how to take care of myself,
From a young age,
With my mom not being able to afford,
A babysitter as I started getting older,
My grandmother lived close by,
I never felt lonely,
No matter the circumstance,
Because I knew love,
Even though I never knew a sibling,
I did find out when I was older,
That I had a half brother,
But I have never met him,
All I ever knew was me,
But through the years,
I have adopted family,
And have become part of family,
And so although I might not have a blood sibling,
Although I might never know that particular love,
I can never feel lonely,
Because there is so much love,
So much kindness,
So much compassion,
So much beauty,
So much wonder,
With the family in my life,
Every single day.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Build Upon That Emotion

I'm Your Girl

There Are Those Moments