My Favorite Song

Whenever I listen to that melody,
Whenever I listen to those words,
I go into a trace,
I go into another place,
I go into another state,
My mind wonders,
My thoughts move so quickly,
I close my eyes,
I take a breath,
I listen to the words,
Listen to the words,
Listen to the emotions that run,
Listen to everything as it hits my heart,
Hits my inner being,
Thinking about the time I first heard them,
First felt them through my being,
My favorite song,
Those words that I can hear,
When I listen to it,
When I haven’t listened to it,
When everything was dark,
When everything is light,
When everything is in between,
Then you came into my life,
And everything changed,
Even how I felt toward my favorite song,
There seemed to be deeper meaning,
Deeper emotions,
Deeper everything,
And I felt that the song,
Although probably dedicated to so many,
Was so perfect for you and I,
Because I knew at that moment,
That not only my life had changed,
That everything was wonderful,
That everything was going to be better,
Because I had you,
And that day when you came into my life,
That day when you held me the first time,
Was when my favorite song,
The one that got me through so much,
Fit so well,
As our song,
Forever more.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Build Upon That Emotion

I'm Your Girl

There Are Those Moments