Those Regrets

I’ve stumbled,
I’ve fell,
I’ve had to find a way to pick myself up,
From the many regrets through my life,
I have had to deal with hard choices,
Choices now in retrospect,
Didn’t always seem the best,
Trying to find the peace and serenity,
Praying to God every day,
Time heals slowly,
Now that I have God,
Now that I have become His,
I have given it all to Him,
But there is still a moment,
There are times I find those tears,
The tears long since gone,
Long since hidden away,
Retrospect isn’t always a friend,
But knowing it has to be done,
In order to truly heal,
In order to get over the regret,
I have to look into my heart,
I have to look into my soul,
I have to take an honest look at myself,
Take an honest look of the good,
Take an honest look of the bad,
Take an honest look of the hurt caused,
The hurt caused by others,
The hurt I’ve caused others,
But there are still days,
That I stumble,
That I fall,
That it still hurts,
Hurts in ways that is hard,
Hurts in ways that can make me cry,
Wishing I wasn’t so broken,
Thanking God every day for His Grace,
Knowing how much more lost I was before,
Knowing that many of those regrets,
Many of those times were when I was lost,
When I tried my own way,
When I tried going through other things,
But I know that He is there,
Through every stumble,
Every fall,
And even those times,
That I might regret,
Might cry,
Might feel broken,
That He is there to strength me,
There to comfort me,
And to tell me it’s okay,
To tell me no need to regret,
But there are days,
There are moments,
That those regrets,
Cut me through,
Cut me through for that moment,
Cut me through that time,
That is when I fall to my knees,
When I fall and pray,
And then with kind words,
From the person I love,
They fall away again,
Fall to the shadows,
And I feel the light,
And the beauty again.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Build Upon That Emotion

I'm Your Girl

There Are Those Moments