Remembering You


Songs come onto the air,
Reminding me of moments that we shared,
Words that is so meaningful to me,
Ones that you brought into my life,
So much of my love of these words,
Are because of the length of time you spent in my life,
It’s been almost two months since we last spoke,
I can still remember the conversation well,
The feelings,
The emotions,
The tears that burned,
As my husband held me,
As I realized the end of almost fifteen years,
Of a close friendship,
Of a been through thick and thin,
Through many differences of opinion,
To everything that one can share in that sort of relationship,
We shared all our ups and downs,
We understood pain and health issues,
We were each other’s anchors for so many years,
Moments sometimes seem to go by slowly,
And other times quicker than lightening,
Distractions come at times to keep my mind off of the hurt,
And other times it hurts more than anything else,
I know that the emotions are still there,
I miss the voice that use to reassure,
That I wasn’t alone in certain things in my life,
That seemed to understand all the hurt and strife,
My husband stands by comforting as he can,
And there are days I am happy and don’t think at all,
But there are days like this,
Where I remember and think,
Where words of a song will return me too yesterday,
I know that this time might be fully the end,
That I have to accept that I might never hear your voice again,
But I will keep on praying and hoping anyways,
Hoping that someday we can laugh about this,
As we have about previous times,
I have forgiven all that has happened,
And I know there were some hurtful things said,
But, it was due to caring about you,
And more than just the moment or the next,
I will never forget you,
Your life has touched me too much to do so,
The pain might finally subside one day,
Or there might be a reunion of this friendship,
Either way I will continue to trust in God,
Trust that someday in some way,
Things will change,
And the hurt will be forgotten forever more.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Build Upon That Emotion

I'm Your Girl

There Are Those Moments