Words Cannot Explain The Emotions

Dedicated to my Uncle Terry, who is currently in the hospital and on life support, and to our family with it's lack of closeness.



Words cannot explain the emotions,
The depth and the numbness inside,
Pain that runs deep to the core,
Working inside this heart of mine,
Words are spoken,
But emotions cannot catch up,
Thoughts keep racing trying to make sense,
Haven’t seen you in quite some time,
Since you moved out of the state,
Now I hear you are in the hospital,
And that your state is critical,
And that your time might be up,
Prayers are said,
Thoughts are thought,
But words still cannot explain the emotions,
Or explain what is to be felt,
The shock has not subsided,
As there were no words that can explain,
The truths that have been uncovered,
Since his wife has made it known,
Depression has been a problem,
How he came to this place,
And words just cannot explain,
There are so many unanswered questions,
There are so many hard thoughts,
Why is our family so far apart?
Why is it that we only find out things?
When life is getting to their trials and tribulations?
I am filled with so many questions,
None that seem to have any answers,
And it makes me sad,
And I still cannot explain the emotions,
Not enough words or a lack of them,
All gathering in my head,
And I wonder what does it take?
To get our family to put aside all the hurt,
To put aside the stubbornness,
And the pride,
And the hurtful words that have been said,
To come together before your time comes to an end,
I am not asking for perfection,
But the words cannot express,
How wonderful it would be to have something positive,
To come from this numb and pain,
To find a peace from all this,
Words cannot explain the emotions,
The ones that go through my mind,
Wondering what this is going to lead to,
And if anything is going to change,
And wishing there was an answer to it all,
I pray for the peace and comfort needed,
And pray that He has become your savior,
And that through it all He will hold you,
No matter what might be going through,
Our minds and hearts,
As we pray for you,
I pray for His will to be done,
And that even if we don’t understand it,
And words cannot fully express,
I do pray for something good to come out,
Through these moments now.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Build Upon That Emotion

I'm Your Girl

There Are Those Moments