I've Been Down Love's Rocky Path

I’ve been down loves rocky path,
Through the twists and turns,
The heartache and heartbreak,
Disappointments,
And roads I thought would lead,
Lead to my true home,
But those were illusions,
False starts and promises,
And then my life truly changed,
When you came into my life,
You broke down all my past defenses,
Shattered the walls built up around me,
And strolled right to the depth,
The depth of my heart,
From the first moment,
From that first conversation,
I was completely and fully yours,
You stole my heart,
Healed every inch of the hurts caused,
Caused from now long forgotten memories,
I’ve been down loves rocky path,
Through every corner of hardship,
Every corner of pain,
Every corner of the battles,
The battles that tore at my heart,
Tore at the very depth of my being,
But then you came into my life,
Healing every rift,
Every tear,
Every fear from before,
Sweeping me up into your loving embrace,
Changing every moment of my life,
Through just simple moments of togetherness,
I love you my darling,
Because you took this woman,
From the world of hardships and heartaches,
From false starts and promises,
Changing my life completely,
Through your love you have healed,
Healed every hurt and pain,
And you have given me beauty,
Beauty of dreams and hopes,
Love everlasting,
Taking me off loves rocky path,
Into your warm loving arms,
Forever.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Build Upon That Emotion

I'm Your Girl

There Are Those Moments