Bullying and Body Image

This has been on my mind for awhile. I like to take a moment to talk about bullying and body image and how both are so connected in our lives. I grew up being bullied due to my body image, not knowing at that time that I had poly static ovary syndrome (pcos), although when I was before I got developing very skinny than suddenly I put on weight and was teased about it. Especially in the U.S. We are so beyond needing to bring a change to how we treat not only women especially on what they look like physically but men as well. Women and men alike shouldn't be compared to be one specific thing, and unless you need to lose weight for health reasons please love yourself for who you are. So many struggle with real life health issues such as pcos, diabetes, hypothyroidism, medications that cause weight gain, and so many other things that hearing someone that looks great day oh I'm so fat, when they are struggling with one of these real life health issues and the emotional stuff that comes with it.

We need to stop and change especially in the U.S. We are beyond lucky in this country where so many would call us blessed just to even "whine" about our weight when other countries have people that would love to have our problem. Stop thinking what others think about you life is short. Who cares about what celebrities look like. Instead love the body you have, make the most of it, teach those around you to not bully or put down themselves or others, and make a stand, and stop giving into the hype that we should fit into some stereotype. Instead, learn about those with disabilities and/or health issues such as pcos that can affect weight or even non weight issues and just help each other.

I, Mandy Buffington, am a chronic health daily survivor currently I deal with asthma, allergies, carpel tunnel, tenditis, tennis elbow, chronic migraines, pcos, and fibromyalgia. I will no longer be silenced or quiet. I am a chronic health advocate. If you want to talk about chronic health please feel free to comment. Please feel free to share this post but no negative comments will be allowed thank you.
If you have health and/or disabilities know you are not alone there is a wonderful amazing group I created feel free to join us here:  https://www.facebook.com/groups/DisabilityandHealthSupport/

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Build Upon That Emotion

I'm Your Girl

There Are Those Moments