Pcos and Pregnancy

11 years ago my journey to become pregnant with my first husband without knowing about polycystic ovary syndrome and thinking I only had asthma at the time. I struggled through the entire marriage not knowing that my constant changing periods, that my weight, and other things were to be blamed on something I only heard about from another friend. With health insurance and seeing different doctors as I grew up no one seem to catch I had pcos until 4 years ago that there was something behind my infertility, weird periods, and the weight issue although some was due to hypothyroidism. My heart would break many years over and over to the point I felt I was never going to have kids after the diagnosis.

Over the years my health issues would increase as if winning a horrible lottery adding more to the despair, losing hope of ever bearing a child, and adopting wasn't something that seemed possible to do. I met my natural path doctor in September of 2016 at a point where I felt the lowest having been to the urgent care and hospital constantly due tomorrow my fibromyalgia. After some changes and looking at different levels I started feeling better, even being able to go off several medications that seemed to do nothing for my pain. I started regaining hope again, but not enough to have faith in having children until it actually happened.

When I first found out it felt more like a dream than reality, until I got to see my baby through my first ultrasound. I had plenty of pregnancy symptoms, but seeing the actual baby made things more believable. After all those years of having pcos even the ones I didn't know I finally became pregnant. For those reading that do have pcos don't give up you never know when that miracle will happen. Don't worry about age or other things just remember there is hope.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Build Upon That Emotion

I'm Your Girl

There Are Those Moments