The Path

Silence,
Numb,
Just this hole in my heart,
Just these tears inside my heart,
My life falling apart,
My soul feeling empty,
My heart feeling numb,
Don’t know where to go from here,
Don’t know if I can keep going,
Trying to be strong but it ain’t easy,
Trying to hold on for the person that truly loves me,
Trying to keep breathing,
Trying to keep the hope and feeling love,
Silence,
Numb,
Just this whole in my heart,
Just these tears deep in my soul,
My life falling apart,
My soul feeling empty yet complete,
My heart feeling numb yet happy,
One chapter seems to be ending
And one seems to be just beginning,
Pain from the hurt I have felt toward one,
Love felt from the one that watches over me,
Struggle and strife seems to be all that is left
From the one that I have been with,
And happiness and true love’s calling
From the one that I dream of,
Silence and numb is what I feel,
It consumes the thoughts and moments,
The memories and dreams for now,
But I know deep in my mind,
That the hole is only there for a moment,
That my true life love is out there,
That he is watching over me,
That he is holding me safe now in his arms,
Although so far away,
I see the winds of change in front of me,
I see the paths about me,
I see the path of hope,
I see the path of love,
I see the path of pain,
I see the path of sorrow,
I see the path of yesterday,
I see the path of tomorrow,
I stand at the crossroads,
I stand in the middle of the two,
Looking one way to wave goodbye,
Looking toward the other,
My heart skips a beat,
My thoughts pause,
Knowing that I am taking a chance,
Knowing that things are going to be different now,
Knowing that I won’t be able to go back,
Knowing that I don’t want to,
So I take a step forward,
A step to the path of hope,
A step to the path of love,
I step to the path of tomorrow,
And a step hoping that tomorrow,
Will be better than now.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Build Upon That Emotion

I'm Your Girl

Days Slowly Go By