There's Something About Us

I could hear your voice on the line,
Something was wrong,
You were upset at the situation,
You wanted us to be together,
This online daily conversation just wasn’t enough,
You wanted me as your wife,
You wanted this to be the season,
Where you could show everyone your love for me,
I looked deeply in your eyes so blue,
I just had to wonder how did you know?
How did you know that I wanted this,
Maybe people would say that this is too soon,
But they don’t understand that we are different,
When others have fought we talked,
When others cried we found sometime to hold on,
Who is to say when something is too soon,
Who is to say something so unfair?
They don’t know that we already know we will make it,
That we don’t need to wonder why,
We don’t need to wonder why this has happened to us,
We just knew we were meant to be from the first moment,
There was just something about us,
Something about the nightly conversations,
Something about the love I felt from you every moment,
Something about the love in your heart and soul,
Maybe some other couples haven’t made it,
But I know deep in my heart and soul that we will,
There is just something about you and me,
Something about this thought,
Something about these emotions,
Something about our souls,
They are coming together as one,
When we are gone others will write,
As they have written about couples in other times,
And we will be there in those writings,
About love so pure and true,
And about how it lasted forever,
And how forever could never start too soon.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

There Are Those Moments

Take My Hand

Journal Challenge Day 12