You Came By

You came by,
You told me you wanted to die,
You said you just couldn’t try anymore,
You said you just wanted to lay there and cry,
You said you couldn’t figure out why,
I took you into my arms,
I gave out a long sigh
I told you not to cry,
I told you to let me try,
I told you I didn’t need to know why,
I told you we could fly high,
Fly to a place where my love would keep you safe,
Fly to a place where I would forever hold you in my arms,
Fly to a place where nothing else mattered,
Fly to a place where our love would never die,
You came by,
Looking into my eyes wanting to cry,
But I told you things would be better,
I am here now my love,
Things will be better now,
I know your nights have been quiet,
I know your nights have been lonely,
I know your love for me has never faded,
I know you want to give up on this world,
But listen to me baby,
I know that life is cruel,
I know that life is hardly kind,
But if you give me a chance,
Just give me one moment,
Just give me your ears,
Listen to these words in my heart dear,
Listen to these words in my soul,
I love you sweetheart,
I know you felt that things had died,
But I am here now honey,
And I won’t let go,
You have me forever,
This much I do know,
You came by,
You held me tight,
And we flew high,
Across the endless sky.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Take My Hand

There Are Those Moments

Journal Challenge Day 12