Not Wanting To Let You Go

I don’t want to let you go,
But I feel that I must,
I don’t want to leave you behind,
But how can I keep carrying on?
You have seemed to be avoiding me,
No longer talking to me,
No longer calling me,
No longer seeing me,
No longer it seems to care,
I don’t want to let you go,
But these tears are in my mind,
These tears are in my soul,
These tears are burning,
And all I want to do is cry,
And have the tears fall down like icy rain,
I don’t want to leave you behind,
But how can I keep carrying on like this?
All I wanted was you in my life,
All I wanted was you in my soul,
All I wanted was you and I,
But it seems that dream is broken,
That dream is destroyed,
You seem to be gone,
And I am left here alone,
I am left alone to fix this broken heart,
Although our time hasn’t been that long,
I felt something so much when I was with you,
I felt something I hadn’t felt in a long time,
Something that my dreams held onto,
I don’t want to let go,
But what else can I do?
I am left here alone,
Not knowing,
Not understanding,
What is going on,
You seem to not want to talk to me,
You seem to not want to see me,
You seem to be so far away,
I would have done anything,
I would have given you everything,
But I guess that isn’t enough for you,
I guess that isn’t what you need,
I guess that isn’t what you want,
I guess that maybe something else
Keeps you occupied,
And you have no time for me,
But it seems that you are gone,
I don’t want to let you go,
But it seems that I have no choice,
I don’t want to leave you behind,
But what else can I do?
You are no longer here,
You are no longer with me it seems,
You are no longer it seems in my life,
So, with a heavy heart,
With a heavy soul,
I have to let you go,
I have to leave you behind,
And I will have to learn to heal,
And I will have to learn to repick up the pieces,
Of this broken heart,
And someday I will find,
That person I am meant to be with,
Someone who will love me,
Someone who will want to spend time with me,
Someone who won’t keep me hanging
Like you have,
I will miss you,
I will always care,
But I cannot do this anymore,
I cannot keep holding on,
I cannot keep trying,
This pain is too deep,
It’s cutting me like a knife,
So I must let you go,
I must leave you behind,
Even if it kills a part of me.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Build Upon That Emotion

I'm Your Girl

There Are Those Moments