Memory Of You

I will never forget that day,
The day you asked me to be yours forever,
The world seemed just a bit brighter,
The sun seemed just a bit warmer,
Everything just seemed so much better,
But than you disappeared,
And than you went away,
And all the thoughts I had came crashing down,
Falling down hard like rain and hail,
I never really wanted to give you up,
I never really wanted to stop loving you,
I never really wanted to stop caring,
But it seemed that the choices in my life
Weren’t mine to have,
I wanted you still with me so much,
I wanted you still in my heart forever,
I didn’t want to give you up,
But it felt that my choices weren’t my own,
If there was a way to bring you back,
A way to bring back the happy memories,
A way to bring back the sunshine you gave me,
On the day you asked me to be yours,
I would do anything in the world,
Just to be able to stand by your side,
I still think of that day,
The day you gave me your heart,
The day I gave you mine,
And I know I will never forget,
Because as much as I have tried,
Especially now sitting here alone,
I think of that day,
And I wish,
To hear those words again,
To hear the I love you,
To hear the I want you as my wife,
To hear the beautiful words,
Just once,
Just one more time again,
One more time to make them real,
But they are just a memory,
A moment in my heart,
A moment in my soul,
A moment that seems so long ago,
Yet still so close to everything,
And I remember,
And I think of you,
And I know as I sit alone,
I wish for you again,
To have those memories of the past,
Bring again to the present,
Because I know my love for you
Has never really faded,
It has only been hidden,
Through space and time.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Build Upon That Emotion

I'm Your Girl

Days Slowly Go By