The Voice Of An Asthmatic

Having asthma hasn’t always seemed positive,
There has always been a struggle,
There has always been a negative connotation,
It has always been hard to see the positive,
Of dealing with this disease,
Never could I find a way to see things at a different angle,
Of seeing the calling that I was given,
I could help others that have this,
I could help others see how important it is,
To be concerned about this particular disease,
For too long there has been lack of information,
For too long people have treated it lightly,
Like it is just something that can easily be cured,
If you do a or b,
For too long it hasn’t been brought into light,
Just how serious things can be for the person that has it,
And the family and friends that support their loved ones,
But the time has come,
The come has to be now,
Where even though this asthma is hard,
And having times of not breathing can come,
That this is something worth looking positive on,
To see things from a different angle,
That someone needs to be a voice,
To those that have no words,
On this disease,
On how to deal with life,
When everything seems hopeless,
How to get through the ups and down,
The good and bad,
And although hard to find joy into this,
I know that I am thankful of the life I have,
Because if anything else this disease,
Gives you that extra appreciation of how wonderful,
The life God has given us can be.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Build Upon That Emotion

I'm Your Girl

There Are Those Moments