Learning To Live With Myself

There have been those dark moments,
Those moments that weren’t always the best,
Those moments that I choose wrong paths,
But through it all I have had to learn,
Had to learn to live with myself,
I’ve walked down many paths,
Many moments of hard times,
Sad times,
Always stretched out,
Always wanting to find the peace,
Find the joy that I knew was out there,
Out there somewhere in that world,
I tried so many things,
Tried to lose myself in so many things,
But never truly finding,
Never truly seeing the answers,
I have done so many things,
Had to answer to those moments,
Those hardships,
Those times that weren’t always,
A ray of light,
But now that He is with me,
Now that I have Him in my life,
Now that I have accepted Him,
Life seems to be easier,
Times are getting easier,
Even through still the hard moments,
Finding ways,
Finding strength,
To live with what happened,
To keep taking it one day at a time,
Knowing that I am forgiven,
Forgiven for those past sins,
Been washed,
Been cleaned,
And although hard at times,
And although hard to remember,
Knowing that I wasn’t worthy,
So much I had done,
That was against His Word,
But He gave me salvation,
Through it all,
And although the walk is still not easy,
There are times I need a reminder,
Times I need still those gentle words,
Those words of Him,
Those words of those that also part
Of those that accepted Him,
Part of something even bigger,
Bigger than any of us could be,
So although I might still stumble,
I might still fall,
Might still have rough moments,
Because it’s a battle every single day,
But I know that more so now,
Than any other time,
That I can learn to live,
Live with myself,
Because I have Jesus,
I have Jesus as my Savior,
And I have God,
God is in control of my life,
And that is the best feeling,
The best feeling of the world.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Build Upon That Emotion

I'm Your Girl

There Are Those Moments