The Call

Another older Ryan poem.

Two years ago
I received a call.
A call that would change
My life
As well as my best friend's
FOREVER.

It was just another day.
I wasn't prepared
For that call.
The phone rang
And the voice on the other end
Made me want to cry.

I didn't want to believe him
But I know it had to be true
He wanted to tell her
But I said I should.

So, I picked up the phone
And dialed her number
By memory
And when she answered the phone
I told her to sit down.
I uttered three words
That had changed my life
And would her's.
I told her "Janelle, Ryan's died."

She accused me of lying
And she started crying
And I knew I couldn't hold my tears any longer.
Just one phone call.
It was only one phone call.
And it changed my life forever.

Now it has been two years
Since he died
For the call came
Two days after he died.
Two days too late.
Too late to tell him
How I cared
How I was his friend
How he was loved.

That call changed everything
And for that I will never
Be the same.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Build Upon That Emotion

I'm Your Girl

There Are Those Moments