Wearing My Heart On My Sleeve

I wear my heart on my sleeve,
I show my emotions every single day,
I don’t let a moment pass me by,
I don’t let a day go by,
That I don’t express myself,
That I don’t find a way,
Through something verbal,
Through something non verbal,
Through words on the page,
I want to keep on touching hearts,
I want to keep helping hope stay alive,
Don’t ask why I am like this,
I couldn’t tell you if I tried,
I am who I am,
I am the person who loves,
Loves fully,
Loves hard,
Loves with everything in my power,
I want the world to know,
I am willing to scream,
I am willing to shoot,
If I can help someone know,
If I can help someone get through that day,
Then I know it is worth it,
I might wear my heart on my sleeve,
I might show my emotions through many means,
But that doesn’t mean it was always easy,
Doesn’t mean it wasn’t a challenge,
So, although I make it look easy,
And although I express myself well,
It took me time,
It took me years,
It took me knowing my own strength,
And putting it out there in that big huge world,
So, my darling,
Do not worry if you are not like me,
That you don’t wear your heart on your sleeve,
That you don’t express yourself to that big huge world,
That you don’t always show your emotion,
Just keep on believing in us,
Just keep on feeling what you feel,
Just hold that appreciation,
And I will show you the world,
I know times are not always easy,
This world we live in is so strange,
It is filled with hard times,
But I do know this,
I know that I love you,
That you are my world,
And as long as I have you to come home to,
I will keep doing what I do,
I will keep showing that world,
Keep wearing my heart on my sleeve,
Because you make it worth it,
Every single day.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

There Are Those Moments

Take My Hand

Journal Challenge Day 12