Exit Sign

The first poem I wrote for my friend Ryan that committed suicide.

There is a sign on the wall
That tells me where I'm going.
I leave the crowded hallway
As I approach closer
To the place
Where the sign is.
I'm almost free.
Free from everything
But
Nothing at all.
I then began to wonder
What is left
And how he would have thought.
If only he knew
Where his life was going to be
The next day.
If only he could have
Said good-bye
As he approached the sign
One last time.
I won't forget him
Or the lesson he taught to me.
Which now appears so clear.
Don't take life for granted.
Remember your memories
But don't make them your life.
For you may never know
What can happen
And why it does.
Show your friends that you care
For you may never know
When you leave the world
And go to the exit sign.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Build Upon That Emotion

I'm Your Girl

There Are Those Moments