I Hold In My Heart

Another older poem

I hold in my heart
Memories of you,
Thought of you,
Feeling for you.
No matter how much time,
No matter what has gone on,
No matter where I am,
I will never forget you.
Even though each year
Gets a little bit better
I will never forget
My pledge to you.
I will keep you alive
In my thoughts,
In my dreams,
In my mind,
In my soul,
In my heart,
In my being.
You will never be forgotten
By those who truly cared,
By those who you shared
Your emotions,
By those who would have stand
For you no matter what.
As the anniversary
Of your death draws near
I will try not to think of
Why you died so young,
But instead of how
Your life touched people’s lives,
In the short time
You were here.
I will always be
Forever changed
Because you were a part
Of my life.
I will not cry this year
For I know your spirit
Is always with me
And you wouldn’t want me
To be sad every year
The day of your death
Comes by.
I will instead smile
And remember all
The good times
We went through
And know that you are always
Watching over me.
I will forever hold you
In my heart
Where you life and dreams
Will be made safe
And the memory of you
Will be forever imprinted
And saved in someone
Who will always care for you.
I hold in my heart
A love of a friend
Who went away
In this world,
But has forever stayed
In the thoughts,
In the memories,
And in the dreams
Of me.
Ryan, your life will never
Be forgotten
Although you thought
There was nothing to live for,
I think you would see now
That there was
For your memory lives on.
Your memory lives strong
In many hearts
That unites together
During this time.
No, you haven’t
Been forgotten
And you never will
Because I hold you in my heart.
Ryan Long will always be remembered,
His life will always be important,
His dreams will always live on,
For in the hearts of those
Who cared
Especially mine,
He will be held in those hearts
Until the end of time.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Build Upon That Emotion

I'm Your Girl

There Are Those Moments