Part Of My Story

You can read about me,
You can read parts of my story,
But how do I really explain?
How do I really tell my real story?
These words I write,
Are all true,
These words I put out there,
I try to put a part of me out there too,
I don’t hold anything back,
I keep myself out there,
Every single moment,
You can look and see my brown eyes,
You can spend a moment with me,
But do you really see?
Can you really believe?
Do you see my story?
Words can really only express so much,
Words on this page,
Or another,
You can see one facet,
You can see one part,
But do you really see?
Do you really know?
How can I truly introduce me?
How can I tell you from mere words,
Who I am?
You can read about me,
You can read these words,
You can read the various stories,
But what does one really say?
How does it really truly start?
We read things all the time,
We look at various words on the page,
But do we really know?
Do we really see?
How can we see beyond,
That introduction of them,
Do we give that chance?
Do we find a way?
Do we see through,
Those words on that page?
So here it is plain and simple,
Here is who I am,
I am someone who has been through
Many things in life,
Strong sometimes where others might be weak,
Weak sometimes where others might be strong,
A true friend to the very end,
Someone who listens and cares,
Plays counselor,
Wears her heart on her sleeve,
Shows the emotions,
Even though it doesn’t always work right,
Even all this doesn’t fully touch,
What really makes me, who I am,
But if you are interested,
In case I caught something,
Just keep on reading,
Reading all those lines on the page,
And although it might not tell you everything,
Now you know a part of me.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Build Upon That Emotion

I'm Your Girl

There Are Those Moments