Going Through Life With Blinders On

I can’t tell you to be fair,
I can’t tell you to look beyond,
What you might see,
What you might know,
I can’t tell you how to feel,
I can’t tell you if she’s no good for you,
It really isn’t any of my business,
It really isn’t something I should concern about,
But I cannot help myself,
But I cannot pretend to not feel,
But I cannot let go what is real,
But I cannot let you not see,
What is around you constantly,
You turn your eyes away,
You do anything but to look,
You do anything but to see,
You do anything but to feel,
What it is like,
How it feels,
What it is to be on the other side,
I can’t tell you to be fair,
I can’t tell you to look beyond your eyes,
To see what lies beneath everything,
Everything else that you can ever know,
Ever feel,
Ever realize,
But you never want to feel,
But you never want to realize,
But you never want to see,
Because you are into yourself,
Because you are past all emotions,
Because you are past all caring,
It isn’t my business,
It isn’t part of my life,
But maybe,
Just maybe,
Instead of treating,
Instead of deeming,
Instead of being hurtful,
Instead of thinking of only yourself,
Instead of only caring about money,
Caring about what you can buy,
You don’t see the real treasures,
In this life,
But it isn’t any of my business,
I cannot change your ways,
I can only hope you see,
What you don’t seem to realize,
That there is so much more,
Beyond what you let your eyes see,
But you cannot ever find,
Because you don’t take even one moment,
To truly see,
The real beauty,
That’s inside of those,
That might be plain on the outside,
But so rich with beauty in the inside,
With compassion,
And caring,
And truth,
But you will never see,
What’s truly in front of you,
As you walk through this life,
With blinders on.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Build Upon That Emotion

I'm Your Girl

Days Slowly Go By