Life As A Medical Anomaly Part 6



            Finding out that due to the combined factor of not having enough credits work wise to be able to get Social Security Disability, even if I was proven disabled, and not being able to get Social Security Income due to my husband’s income, therefore my case will be dismissed through my lawyer.  It is a little frustrating I won’t lie, but in many ways I am relieved to know these things because if I didn’t I could have wasted time going, maybe winning, and then not being able to get anything.  Alan, my lawyer, was also concerned that if there wasn’t those things in the way that the things that cause me health issues might be hard to prove causes true disability because every judge is different on how they react to things.  It is frustrating though in the way laws are currently for those that are trying to get disability, even though I know there are some that have misused it, I know that many still do but I choose to not be one of those people.  It is moments like this that I am very grateful to the Lord that He gave me the husband I have as he is always supportive no matter what is going on.

            With this knowledge I will continue doing what I have been doing now for a while.  I am currently working on a small business I am starting called Creativity in Life Design, where not only will I help fellow creative people have more access to more people, but also to use part of my own creativity for others.  I will still be focusing on my writing, other than these blogs of helping others with health issues be encouraged, I still have novels and poems to write.  There is also the variety of paid to clicks and survey sites I am part of that help earn me either extra money and/or gift cards that are useful for both my husband and I.  Needless to say, I will be using what God has given me and the time I have to my advantage.

            People have been really supportive and prayerful since I found out the news about my disability.  It is always amazing and wonderful to know so many people who are there for me and I am very grateful for those people in my life no matter where they might live or how well I might truly know them.  I have always believed that true family is who you make part of your family, those that are there for you no matter what goes on in your life, and sometimes can be those that you might also least expect.  Health wise things have been a varied experience.  I have had a few days of migraines, a few asthma bad days, and sometimes a bit of pain with my feet if we go to the mall or something and I walk around a lot.  Still haven’t heard anything about the tests I had taken last month and keep forgetting to call Cassie about them.

            One thing that is important for those with health issues is to always follow what you feel is the best for your health.  Rather than be from changing doctors, changing medications, dropping medications, changing your lifestyle choices, and when to push for knowledge on what is going on with your health.  Even if you have the best system working it is important to always check what is going on with your health and when you might have to push yourself into change.  Change, even if it is something you are seeking, can be difficult to handle and put into place, but if you have a good support system and the faith to keep going.  It can be so easy to fall into depression over your health and comparing your life with others, it is important to be content where you are in life, even though the difficult times.

            In the next blog I will start going over information on the variety of health issues I have.  The first one I want to cover is asthma.  There are many different types of asthma, different treatments, different triggers, and many other things that can relate to asthma.  These things can also be similar to what people go through with other lung related issues that deal with breathing.  Until then take care of yourself, your health, and your life and remember just because you have difficulties with various health issues doesn’t mean you are alone.  You can always choose how to handle anything and even with some moments of weakness you can find a way to continue living your life, especially if you have the Lord, with patience, grace, and beauty.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Take My Hand

There Are Those Moments

Journal Challenge Day 12