Sudi Meets the World Article 2

As I sat down deciding to work on my article for this month I seemed to be having not the problem of writers block, but more of a decision of what to write about for the month. I have such a good amount of things I could work on, and it seemed all the information I have on various articles I could do would be great, but there was one problem. It wasn’t what I wanted to use for this little column I have. Now, some might wonder why I would make such a fuss, when it will still be made an article. I wanted to do something special for this little column not to say the other articles aren’t special, but I felt that this was like my blog, a little bit of me in the world of life.

There seemed to be so much on my mind, everything from the anniversary of September 11th which this year would be the 5th year since it happened, to the recent event of Steve Irwin’s passing. Not to mention that everything felt weird, this whole week I Have noticed that things were not going right and it seemed to start around or soon after finding out about Steve Irwin dying doing something that he loved. I decided I wanted to talk more about life and the things with it and what people seem to argue greatly about when it comes to religion and belief systems. It seems in our world that the most debated topics in life is always religion, and politics.

There might be others that are close to the top of the list but I believe those are the two main ones, or at least the ones that seem to be in my life. Seems that no matter where you go, you are bombarded with politics and religion. I mean you also see it on your news through the stories you hear, not that news reports good most of the time, it is just about the bad, and about things that get constant attention, but things that really matter, or things that really be of interest to the people get put on the back burner, or never get told.

Maybe I am being too fickle on things but I sometimes just wonder why it is that great events or touching stories sometimes get put on the backburner, or are not on at all. I mean, I understand it would be a little too hard to report every single marriage, divorce, and child that happens on a day to day basis, but anything that happens to celebrities always seem to be fair game? Did one ever think that just because they are famous doesn’t mean they don’t want some privacy as well?

I am just using this for an example, but I have seen several times where these reports have caused more pain than good due to what has happened to certain people over the years due to media and the like. And of course the media doesn’t just stop with the celebrities; they seem to be just as bad if not worse on politics and religion. It seems that many times I have seen one way, slanted more than another, or you don’t hear two sides of the story. I feel that we as Pagans, (using this to include everyone of nature path in this.) Get the brunt of this, worse than probably some, although I am sure that there are other religions that do get it just as bad as we do, but it seems that we get it more constant with the exclusion of perhaps Muslim religions.

Pretty much what I am getting at, although I guess I am rambling a little, but I think that it is important to make a good compare and contrast on this. We as Pagans, or whatever term you use for yourself, need to take some action, and show that we will stand up in face of all that is thrown at us. We need to learn to put past our differences, of how we term ourselves, and see that there are so many things and people that are out there that try to put us down. I have seen recently articles of good and bad in terms of what is going on for Pagans including the anniversary of the witch school online, and the stopping of force prayer.

So just remember folks there are two sides of any story. But in order to get those sides heard we need to be active and we need to be proud of our voices. Although the debate will never end when it comes to politics or religion in our world, we as a group need to show that we want our freedom just like any other religion and that we will fight for it and that we will stand on our own in order to get it.

This article can be reprinted in it's entirety without notice as long as this by line is included. Mandy Shorb is currently writing for Sotell Magazine at http://sotall.org/ she currently lives with her family in the Pacific Northwest. Visit her websites at http://mysite.verizon.net/resta7lh/emotivopoesia/index.html and her blog http://mandyshorb.blogspot.com/.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Build Upon That Emotion

I'm Your Girl

There Are Those Moments