Price Of Success

They say that success can come with a price,
That cherished moments maybe gone forever,
That silence fills the walls,
That silence is all that you hear,
That often moments are forgotten,
That the little things are tossed aside,
They say that success can come with a price,
That all one can see is the success
And not the journey,
Not the journey it took getting there,
That success is not everything,
That happiness is not just a matter of how,
How you do in life,
That happiness can mean many of a thing,
That happiness is just dreams unseen,
That happiness is the love in your heart,
That happiness is the love in your soul,
They say that success can come with a price,
They say that dreams aren’t looked at the same,
I say that perhaps they are right,
But as long as I can dream,
As long as I can think,
As long as I remember,
I will make sure that success doesn’t come with a price,
At least not the price of forgetting one’s soul.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

There Are Those Moments

Take My Hand

Journal Challenge Day 12