Remembering

There is not a day that goes by,
Not a moment that passes,
That I don’t still remember,
Remember all those times,
Those times we shared together,
Although it has been so many years ago,
But those moments were short lived,
Those moments were only for so long,
Before I knew it you were gone,
Gone from my life,
Gone from my world,
Gone,
I kept on hoping,
Kept on wishing,
Kept on wanting it to be just a bad dream,
But as the time went on,
You were still gone,
And the tears were there,
And the moments were hard,
And moving on was tough,
And wanting you back was strong,
But I knew you were gone,
Gone forever,
At least from this life,
You were taken,
Taken to heaven,
Taken away from all this,
You no longer had to deal,
Deal with the hurt and strife,
The strife of the world that is around us,
Oh how you would be proud,
Proud of everything that has happened,
Since you had to leave,
I will never forget,
Forget how you cared,
How you loved,
How you were another mom to me,
You were my comfort,
Through those hard trials,
Times where I couldn’t be close to my own mom,
And be home with the people I loved,
Even though I know you are in a better place,
I cannot help but remember,
And miss you,
And want you back here,
I wish I could show you,
All the changes that have happened,
The ones you would be so happy for,
I will always love you,
You were there in my life,
For those brief moments,
You helped me through,
And that is something I’ll never forget.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Build Upon That Emotion

I'm Your Girl

There Are Those Moments