Day 3 My Parents

All of my life the only parent I ever knew was my mom Rose. I can only recall one time during my childhood before I entered my 7th grade year on meeting my father. That was a less than pleasant experience. One I don't talk about that often because although I have been working on forgiving and letting it go even after all these years it still is hard on occasion. Not that my mom wasn't a great parent growing up as she was, but being told you are not one's child can be hard especially when you are twelve.

Although maybe not the best thing to deal with being raised by a single parent did have it's advantages at times. I learned a lot of lessons I am not sure I would have learned at that age. I learned very quickly how to save money, that you can't always have everything you want and to be okay with that, how to handle stress as much as possible on shortages, and that although packing and moving is hard you can make the best of it. I do know that I have a half brother somewhere out in the world that I have never met and my dad's family my mom last contact with when I was young.

There is still the wanting a way to find them although I have not had the luck or chance to find them yet. As far as I know Jack my real father lives in Arizona. One nice thing now though is that I feel I have a bunch of adopted family plus Troy's family has accepted me as part of the family as well. I am still very much cared for and my mom is my best friend. Life is good.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

There Are Those Moments

Take My Hand

Journal Challenge Day 12