Not A Woman Of Complexity

I am not a woman of complexity,
Not one to take hours to figure out what to wear,
Not one to always be perfect,
Rather be comfortable than anything else,
Not one to have millions of shoes,
Or items of makeup,
Or jewelry,
I am simplistic,
Always have been,
Probably always will,
Had to learn from a young age,
To not always have a bunch of things,
Never could understand,
Why there was such a need,
To have this and that,
Always grateful for what I had,
Always tried to make the best,
Even sometimes having second hand,
I was not one that was spoiled,
I was raised by a single parent,
Who couldn’t always afford many things,
I am not a woman of complexity,
I am one, who rather focuses on other things,
There is so much more to life,
So much more to this world,
Than to always worry completely,
About what clothes one wears,
Although clothes can sometimes say certain things,
Sometimes we forget to look more within,
We get so blinded by things that don’t even matter,
So although I am not a woman of complexity,
At least when it comes to what I wear,
I am a woman, who thinks,
Who believes,
Who dreams,
Who knows,
That there is a beauty of life,
That is deeper than what is out the outside,
And knows that there are so many,
That just wants to feel,
Just want to know,
Just want to have someone,
Who cares beyond,
Those things that we see on the outside,
And look inside instead.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I'm Your Girl

There Are Those Moments

Journal Challenge Day 12