My Favorite Birthday

Sitting there at the table surrounded by friends,
My mom,
The guy I truly found love through,
Thinking of how many birthdays,
So many moments,
Both good and bad,
Some birthdays better than others,
Some filled with hurt,
Some filled with some sort of love,
Some filled with more presents,
Some filled with less,
But in the end,
The best birthday,
The one I remember,
The one I think about often,
Is the one where I sat at that table,
Looking at everyone around,
Feeling truly blessed,
Feeling truly loved,
Feeling truly adored,
Feeling like there wasn’t much,
That could ever be better,
Than those moments,
That I sat there,
Was able to look into all those eyes,
Including yours,
Having a whole weekend,
Of excitement,
Happiness,
Wonder,
Joy,
Love,
Because of you,
Because of you being in my life,
Because of this love,
That moment,
The moments that follow,
There isn’t much now,
That could top that first birthday,
With you by my side.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Take My Hand

There Are Those Moments

Journal Challenge Day 12