It Was Worth It In The End

For all the things that went wrong,
There had to be something right,
It was worth it in the end,
To go through that moment,
To go through that time,
Because I knew what I felt,
I knew what I believed,
I knew in my heart,
That no matter what would happen,
No matter what would go on,
I had to know you,
I had to meet you,
I had to be with you,
You had me from that moment,
That first hello,
That first time I saw you,
And you put your arms around me,
And you pulled me in,
And you kissed me,
Right there,
Right than,
You didn’t hesitate,
You didn’t even flinch,
You seemed to feel it too,
You seemed to know it,
Deep within your heart,
Deep within your soul,
That first date,
It sealed my fate,
It sealed what would be,
Between you and me,
For all the things that went wrong,
There had to be something right,
It was worth it in the end,
You stole my heart,
At that moment,
It didn’t take much,
I just knew,
I knew you were the one,
And I knew there was no use,
To even try,
To try to fight those emotions,
To try to fight what I knew,
What I knew was true,
You had me right there,
Right there and then,
I remember holding you,
Holding you tight,
And I knew I never,
Never wanted to let you go,
And the love grew stronger,
Stronger every day,
And one day you said the words,
The words I knew that were coming,
The words I knew I would say yes to,
The words I longed to hear,
First you said you loved me,
Like you had many of occasions,
Then you told me,
You wanted me as your wife,
That you wanted me as yours forever,
I was young,
But I knew,
That you were the one,
At least I thought,
For so long,
It has been much time now,
We were together,
Than apart,
Than together,
Than apart again,
And now I stand,
Stand here without you,
And I think about those times,
Those times of you and me,
And I still believe,
For all the things that went wrong,
There had to be something right,
It was worth it in the end,
Because I followed my heart,
I followed my dreams,
I followed you,
Until I couldn’t,
Anymore.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Build Upon That Emotion

I'm Your Girl

Days Slowly Go By