Boxes

Don't put me in a box,
I just cannot fit,
I just don't hold one label,
I was never good at fitting in,
I could never be just one thing,
Guess my life was always meant to be that way,
Labels were sometimes put on me,
Ones I would fight,
Ones I accepted,
But don't put me in a box,
I was just never made for that,
I cannot be just one certain thing,
It's just too boring,
And I have to be me,
I have to shine the way I shine,
I have to dream the way I dream,
I have to love the way I love,
I have to believe the way I believe,
I have to hope the way I hope,
And sometimes I got to cry the way I cry,
But I cannot be put in a box,
It just won't fit me that way,
I was never good at just being one thing,
I have always been my mother's daughter,
Open minded,
Free spirit,
But also a huge heart,
Independent and strong willed,
It is what has gotten me through you see,
Many battles and hardships I have been,
Many I am sure still out there,
Strength is something I'm no stranger to,
I cannot be put into a box,
There is no possibility,
I run as free as the deer,
And squirrels,
The river that rushes through to the sea,
There isn't anything that can contain me,
Because I will always be uniquely me.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Build Upon That Emotion

I'm Your Girl

There Are Those Moments